12 Basic Beauty Tips
In the following article we’ll cover 12 basic beauty tips every woman need to follow to get the beauty all women dreams of.
Despite the media coverage of makeover reality shows, the majority of Americans are not looking for extreme transformations. According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, most of us want to look better, naturally, with 68-percent preferring a subtle change. And experts agree that looking your best could be accomplished at home for considerably less.
Dr. Linda Franks, a leader in the specialized skin care frontier, says “To get that timeless, healthy look you need to start with an appropriate skincare regime. Taking good care of your skin can stave off fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and even dry skin.”
Doctors say whatever your skin type, the key is to cleanse it gently.
- Avoid hot water and use lukewarm instead, to prevent over-drying.
- And throw in the towel – traditional washcloths are too abrasive for the face, so use your hands and fingers.
Sixty-eight-percent of women claim to have sensitive skin which means dry, tight, chapped or easily irritated skin.
- Moisturize regularly.
- Avoid harsh cleansers with ingredients such as fragrances, dyes and preservatives because sensitive skin is easily damaged and takes longer to recover.
- Look for non-irritating cleansing washes that are soap-free.
- Use light, oil-free, water-based moisturizers to help maintain the skin’s natural barrier.
- Make sure to choose a facial moisturizer with an SPF of at least 15, which protects against both UVB and UVA rays.
Skin sensitivity may also result from the third most common, non-surgical skincare procedure known as Microdermabrasion. Microdermabrasion is a quick and easy, non-invasive procedure that helps to reveal healthier-looking skin by sweeping away dead skin cells.
- Dr. Franks reveals that, following the treatment, the best way to avoid irritation is by opting for an ultra-gentle cleanser and moisturizer.
- A new clinical study shows that PURPOSE gentle cleansing wash and dual treatment moisture lotion with spf 15 are compatible with this procedure.
How else can you obtain optimal skin health? Dr. Franks says, “Exercise opens up blood vessels to make skin look healthy and youthful. It’s so important for healthy skin.”
- Regular cardiovascular exercise increases blood flow to the skin which assists in collagen production.
- Maintaining muscle mass through exercise can also help anchor and support skin, keeping it taut.
- And drink up! At least eight, eight-ounce glasses of water a day are crucial for optimal skin hydration.
So before you sign on for an extreme and expensive makeover, just think back on some simple, beauty basics! You just might like what you see!